We’ll get to know your particular camera by exploring the menu’s, the features and functions. We’ll look at creative exposure, lighting and compositional techniques, and gain an understanding of how changing various settings will produce more effective images, more in line with what you visualised.
By the end of the course you’ll be creating stunning images rather than merely recording the world around you.
I’m a see and do learner so that’s how I teach, the course is practical and hands-on, we shoot as we go. You’ll take home a straightforward guidebook containing explanations and directions for the common controls and techniques.
Just a few of the things we'll cover:
- Navigation and explanation of the windows, tools, palettes and layers
- Resolution - Getting the size and quality right
- Cropping and straightening images
- Tone & contrast enhancement - Fixing under or over-exposure
- Colour correction
- Converting to black and white and then toning (monochrome)
- Correcting faded images
- Removing dust and scratches
- Dodging & burning - Lightening or darkening specific areas of the print
- Selection tools - Isolating areas of the image to manipulate or enhance
- Layout, scanning and output options
- File formats and an overview of the RAW converter
- Automated processes - Actions / Scripts
By the end of the session you’ll have a better understanding of how to enhance that ‘not so great’ image and make great images look fantastic!
We’ll cover the subjects of your choice at a pace and time that best suits you. You’ll have the confidence to navigate around your software with ease and reduce the time spent editing your images.
A no nonsense guidebook will be supplied containing explanations and step-by-step instructions for the common commands and enhancements.